A press kit is a promotional resource companies use to communicate important facts to journalists. An effective press kit is a one-page, double-sided document containing contact information and details about your business, events, products, or promotions. You can distribute press kits to help support press releases in person, via email, or as PDFs on your website.
Letting your customers and prospects understand your accomplishments and mentions can be tough to do in today’s day and age of social media. Therefore, a press kit can help with this greatly. Moreover, it can help increase your brand’s awareness and reputation online.
Indulging your organization in the press immediately initiates interactions across networks that will bring more attention and eyes to your business as a result. There is a multitude of topics to include that will describe your brand. So, you are essentially creating press for your branding.
What do you need within your press kit:
1. Cover photo (website and social links)
2. Contact information
3. Brief Example of your business
4. Your story
5. Company background and facts
6. Hi-resolution images of your logo and brand materials
7. Team members/people within your office/what team morale should look like
8. Past press coverage
9. Website and social links
Cover photo (website and social links)
Look back to your brand guidelines and allow your logo to shine. Make it obvious as to what you do and how it helps people.
The main intent of a press kit is to transfer customers into using our service or product as a result. There is no purpose of including company history, information, or any other factors that are used to represent your brand if there is no means of contact. Provide an email, number, and etc.
Brief explanation of your business
Viewers will not know if they need your service. Make your services and explain your business in an obvious manner. Put your service in a scenario and if the audience can relate, they will have a reason to show a deeper interest in your business.
For customers to fully grasp your organization’s motives, the audience will have to require information background behind how it all started. So, clients need to understand why you do the things that you do.
Company background and facts
Measurable data is what needs to be communicated. The simple answers to what makes your company. Answers to questions like, who and how many customers have you served? How long has your business been around? What year did your business begin to develop? Or even the location of your headquarters and etc.
Hi-resolution images of your logo and brand materials
To ease the process for publishers to release your logo, provide high-quality resolution images. So, the images will be distributed through various networks to present your company properly. In conclusion, include a possible transparent background that translates ever possible use of your company’s logo or images.
Team members/people within your office/what team morale should look like
Likewise, customers are interested in knowing who they are investing their money in. So, to ease their curiosity, provide a visual portfolio of your team members or the representatives. These are minor leverages in a press kit used to spark interest and create credibility.
Past press coverage
Your reputation is a factor in how customers will respond to your service or product as a result. Similarly, your audience may request information from credible sources that can allow your brand to shine.
Website and social links
Adding important information like the website and social media links will direct the media to see the kind of company you are too. So, it’s important to be mindful of your organization’s efforts and what you have achieved as an organization.
Optional slides for your press kit:
- Awards and recognition are a part of the business’s identity also. Moreover, this representation will communicate your company’s values and areas of strength. In releasing this minor information will influence the audience’s opinions and responses towards you also.
- Volunteer work demonstrates the business’ involvement in your community. It is a component that ties in with your brand’s identity. A good reputation is what makes a profit.
- Testimonials will allow consumers to entrust their time to you. Testimonials are forms of expression that support your concept. These strengthen your reputation and are an excellent form to promote your business.
- Typography, it is the visual component of an arranged type for written words. These are the minor elements used to influence mood. The typography you chose will be used to convey the subliminal message invested in your business.
- Imagery, the visual portrait of what you are attempting to represent. This will showcase your business to look reliable.
- Additionally, consistent branding will manage your organization’s identity. The slogan, logo, color, or any related cues that make up your brand will have to be consistent. This will allow consumers to memorize the business and if a particular group takes an interest to a specific style from your company, it can get efficiently tracked.
Share your press kit with us or if you need any help from our Design Services, head to the pricing page for more information.